American Attractions

America has many wonderful places to visit when one is traveling the country. As the daughter of a retired Marine and the granddaughter of a truck driver, I have had the great pleasure of being able to see much of our country. I want to share here, a few of my favorites.

During my high school year my father was stationed at MCRD (Marine Corps Recruit Depot) in San Diego, California. I loved living in San Diego! It is a really great city that is not only beautiful, but has a rich history! One of my favorite places to go is Balboa Park . Balboa Park sits on more than 1000 acres and has so much to offer. The park offers a multitude of museums, gardens, and the world famous San Diego Zoo. While there is literally hundreds of places go and things to do in San Diego, Balboa is definitely one of my favorites!

When I was young my grandfather took me and my cousin on a cross country trip from Texas (my birth place) all the way to North Dakota. Some of the places we stopped at along the way, and that I really enjoyed are: Dodge City, Kansas, The National Cowboy Museum/Cowboy Hall of Fame in Oklahoma City, The Royal Gorge Bridge and Park in Canon City, Colorado ( one of the worlds highest suspension bridges–965 feet high and spanning a quarter of a mile across the canyon-amazing stuff!), and Mount Rushmore National Park. Mount Rushmore was just plain impressive! If you visit there, and they still have the helicopter rides that give you an up close and personal view of the memorial, you MUST take one. It is something you will never forget!

12 thoughts on “American Attractions

1. Pingback: Visit these – Sept 2011 Week 2 : Challenge Yourself to Blog

2. Pingback: Education Matters - Challenge 2: My Place

3. I think a great place in the US to visit is Colorado. It is about 70 degrees in the summer with the springs to swim in. They are so warm, like a hot tub! And in the winter, it gets pretty cold, about 20-30 degrees each day, but it is perfect skiing weather! I have skiied there and gone there in the summer. I really recommend it.

4. A great place to visit in the US is Chicago! It is such a fun place to go! It gets cold in the winter, but hot in the summer!I go to Chicago a lot and i love it!

• Thanks for your comment Addy. I have never been to Chicago, but I would like to go there some day.

I went to you blog to visit, but you had no post to comment on. I will come back to later on!

5. I have traveled north, south, east, and west in the U.S. and there are so many amazing places to see! I love Chicago, IL with all my heart because I grew up in the Chicagoland area, but there are many other great things to see. Washington D.C. is cool if you like history,I recommend the Grand Canyon or Yellowstone National Park if you like nature. I love my country and all the places I’ve visited, but my favorite place in the world is Chicago.